Hiring for Cleaner Withdrawal Management Services
- Maintaining the cleanliness of the physical facility and surrounding grounds.
- Daily activities include: mopping floors, cleaning bathrooms, emptying garbage, vacuuming carpets, cleaning and tidying the office space and the clients living and sleeping areas, ensuring the cleanliness of food preparation and storage areas,
- Periodic activities include: washing/disinfecting beds, strip, seal, wax and buff floors, washing walls, steam carpets, washing windows, shoveling snow and salt walkway, cleaning the stove and hood fan, keeping storage rooms clean and orderly, sweeping and hosing down the unit’s exterior grounds, and changing light bulbs.
- Maintaining inventory supplies and transporting cleaning and other departmental supplies as needed.
- Working in conjunction with the Coordinator and Departmental Secretary, the Detox cleaner is responsible for maintaining adequate supplies pertaining to housekeeping duties and the overall functioning of the unit. This includes, but is not limited to, monitoring and/or ordering and when necessary, transporting housekeeping supplies, pharmacy supplies, and printing supplies. Group Integral to this process is a good working knowledge of GroupWise pay stubs
- Maintaining linen supplies.
- Establish and maintain good communication with the Engineering, Maintenance, Stores, Housekeeping and other Hospital departments in order to facilitate the appropriate contact when work outside the scope of this role is required.
- 1-2 years’ experience working as a cleaner in a healthcare or hospitality setting
- WHMIS training required
- Infection Control training
- CPR/First Aid training required
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently and within a self-directed team
- Ability to read, speak, write and understand English
- Knowledge of computer applications: GroupWise and Windows
- Problem solving skills
In this position, you are required to work 8 hour Day shifts (8:00am – 4:00pm), including weekends and holidays. Shifts are subject to change based on departmental needs.