TNEA merit list to be out on Sept. 28
Committee has once again postponed the release of the merit list to September 28.
The Committee was supposed to release the merit list on Friday. Initially, it was to be released on September 7. It was postponed to September 17 to give students time to upload their certificates. On September 16, the Higher Education Department postponed the release to September 25 on the request of candidates who sought more time for verification of certificates. Some of them had to be called repeatedly over the phone to submit their documents.
On Friday, officials postponed the list again by three more days. Higher Education Secretary Apoorva said: “Some students sent mails [that] since their parents are affected by Covid they are not able to upload their documents.”
The delay in merit list may not affect the counselling schedule.
- JOIN TELEGRAM JOB GROUP –Get selection in any job before anyone selection
- ISRO Recruitment 2020 Online Form
- Integral Coach Factory Recruitment 2020 – Apply Online for 1000 Act Apprentice Posts Read more: Integral Coach Factory Recruitment 2020 – Apply Online for 1000 Act Apprentice Posts
- BIS Recruitment 2020 – Apply Online For 171 Asst Director, Steno, Personal Asst & Other Posts
TNEA Rank List 2020 Important Dates
|Issue of Random Number||August 26, 2020|
|Commencement of Certificate Verification at all other TFC’s for sport quota||August 26 to September 1, 2020|
|TNEA Rank List 2020 release date||September 25, 2020|
|Commencement of Document Verification||September 10, 2020|
Steps to check TNEA 2020 Rank List
Candidates can refer the following steps to check the TNEA rank list 2020-
- Visit the official website-org.
- Click on the rank list link.
- Login with registered email Id and password.
- TNEA 2020 rank list PDF will be displayed on the screen.
- Download the PDF.
Preparation of TNEA Rank list 2020
The authorities will prepare the TNEA 2020 rank list on the basis of marks secured by the candidates in the prescribed subjects of the qualifying examination. The authorities will reduce the marks secured by the candidates in Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry to the base of 200. The marks in Mathematics will have higher weightage i.e 100 marks while marks in Physics & Chemistry will be combined and converted out of 100 marks (Mathematics= 100 & Physics + Chemistry = 100).
In the case of vocational stream candidates, the marks will be converted to the base 200. The conversion will be done as-
Related subject-100 marks
Vocational subject including theory and practical-100 marks
Normalization Method for Preparing TNEA 2020 Rank list
The authorities will follow a method of normalization to equalize the marks secured by the candidates in the qualifying examination from different boards. The authorities will equate the marks secured by the candidates from different boards with the state board of Tamil Nadu. Candidates can refer to the following example to understand the normalization method of TNEA 2020.
Example- If the highest marks secured by a student of State Board of Tamil Nadu in Physics is 100 and the highest marks secured by a student of any other Board in the same subject is 90 then both the highest marks will be considered to be equal to 100. If a student of the other Board secures 60 marks in Physics when the first mark in Physics in the same Board is 90, 60 marks will be considered to be equal to 66.66 marks as arrived below.
(100 x 60)/90 = 66.66 %
After normalisation of marks in the relevant subjects in the qualifying examination conducted by different Boards, qualified students will be included into a common merit/rank list.
Inter se Merit of TNEA 2020
The authorities will prepare inter se merit in case of two or more candidates having the same marks in the qualifying examination. TNEA inter se merit 2020 will be prepared by following the given rule-
- In case of a tie, a candidate with higher percentage marks in Mathematics will be given higher rank.
- If the tie still persists, a candidate with higher percentage marks in Physics will be given higher rank.
- If the tie still persists, a candidate with higher percentage marks in the fourth optional subject will be given a higher rank.
- If the tie still persists, the candidate older in age will be given higher rank.
- If the tie still persists, tie will break on the basis of TNEA Random Number. Candidate with higher value of Random Number will be given higher rank.
- Etisalat jobs Careers 2020 – Emirates Telecommunications Corporation
- UP Police SI Recruitment 2020 » Apply Sub Inspector 9534 Post
- SBI Circle Based Officer Recruitment 2020 Apply Online 3850 Vacancies | recruitment.bank.sbi
- SEBI Recruitment 2020 Apply Online 147 Grade A Officers | Last date 31st October 2020